The www.veoliawaterna.com website has been developed for accessibility by the greatest possible number of Internet users. The site makes reference to the standards and the directives defined by the World Wide Web (W3C) consortium in its Web Accessibility Initiative.
Layout of the site
Plurality of Styles
The layout of the www.veoliawaterna.com site is based on a number of style sheets, to consult the site in various different presentation styles:
- a graphic presentation, using the Veolia colors;
- a light, less visual presentation intended in particular for visually impaired persons and persons using a mobile apparatus like a PDA or a cellular phone.
These presentations are accessible:
- from the Affichage (Display) menu of the browsers supporting the alternative styles;
- from the "Version allégée" (Light version) or "Version graphique" (Graphic version) link displayed at the top of each page.
Users can modify the presentation of the www.veoliawaterna.com website, and particularly the font size, as the layout is based on relative units (em and percentages), rather than absolutes (pixels) (priority 2).
To modify the font size:
- Ctrl + mouse scroll wheel
- or "Affichage / Taille du texte" (Display / text size) menu
Redimensioning the site
The site be resized to a width of 780 to 1000 pixels, for adaptation to various screen resolutions.
- the map of the site (plan du site) is accessible via a link provided at the bottom of each page.
- the search engine is accessible from the top of each page.
- the links to the major sections of the site are provided on each page.
Short cut links
The light version of the site offers a number of links for quick and direct access to:
- the content of the page;
- the general navigation menu (level 1);
- the navigation menu inside any given section
It is possible to browse through the site using the sole keyboard: the Tab key can be used to move from one link to another. Use the Enter key to validate.
A title is allocated to each link, to describe the link in detail, unless the text of the link gives a complete description of the target. To view the title, position the cursor or any other pointing device on the link text.
The time needed to download the site pages is reduced as much as possible.
However, to ensure optimum comfort of use, in particular when downloading certain documents, the consultation of the multimedia animations and the videos on the site, we recommend a high bandwith Internet connection